CHURCH MEMBERS STATEMENT OF PURPOSE AND DESIRE
Having been led by the Spirit of God, I have received Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord (John 1:12). I have been born again through the Holy Spirit (John 1:13; 3:6-7) and have publicly confessed my faith by word (Rom. 10:8-10) and followed in baptism (Rom. 6:3-5). I subscribe to the Articles of Faith of my church and do now with other members of the church as one body in Christ, state my purpose and desire as a member of the Tooele Christian Fellowship:
1. To walk lovingly (John 13:34-35) and humbly with my brothers and sisters in Christ (Rom. 12:3, 1 Pet. 5:6); to pray for them (James 5:16); to separate myself from worldly and unchristian practices and attitudes (Eph. 4:17-20; Col. 3:5-9; Titus 2:12).
2. To pray for the advancement of my church in knowledge, spiritual growth and fruitfulness (John 15:8,16); to uphold its programs of worship, training and teaching; to observe its ordinances (Matt. 28: 19-20; 1 Cor. 11:24-27); to affirm its teachings (1 Pet. 3:15; Jude 3).
3. To give regularly and cheerfully as God prospers me for the support of evangelistic, teaching and training ministry among us (2 Cor. 9:6-7); for the spread of the Gospel, both here in our community and all over the earth; and for the relief of the needy (Prov. 19:17).
4. To serve faithfully in the ministry of the church body according to God’s leading and according to my spiritual gifts and abilities (Rom. 12:4-8; James 1:22-24; 2:28).
5. To endeavor to maintain family worship, training and discipline in my home. To encourage family prayer, Bible study and spiritual growth for any under my care (Eph. 6:1-4; Proverbs 22:15).
6. To endeavor by my example (Matt 5:16) and effort to point people to Christ, and to do my part in building them up in faith (Matt. 28:19-20; Eph. 4:1 1-16; Col. 1:28).
7. To follow the Holy Bible as my only rule of faith and practice (2 Tim. 3: 16-17).
8. To endeavor to love, understand and appreciate my fellow members in the church, even those who may have personalities, ministries and backgrounds quite different than mine (Rom.14:1-7; 1 Cor. 12:4-7, 18-27; Gal. 3:26-28).
9. To endeavor to put into practice the Scriptures relating to our church as the Body of Christ (Eph. 4:11-16; 5:23-25,
Col. 1:18--24; James 1:22).
10. To hold in esteem and respect the Pastor and Church Board, as overseers of the church (1 Thes. 5:12-13; Heb. 13:7, 17;